7/12/2008

Bible Introduction

Tbe Bible

An Introduction


In this section I intend to explore many different aspects of the Bible. Not from any certain viewpoint, but rather as a search for Truth.

And I am inviting you to come along, if you so desire.

My guide for the tour will be my thirst for the Truth. I do not expect to find it. But I do intend to get a lot closer to it than I am right now.

At the least, I, and those who come along, will have had the opportunity to discard a few beliefs that may have hindered us in the past.

And what may inspire you, and what may disturb you, may have just the opposite effect on me, and others. Each person should have their own guide on this tour. All I will be doing is compiling a bunch of thoughts and ideas to dig through.

And it is my belief that this search is not necessary, or even desirable, to be a Good Christian. I believe that many who are in favored positions with God have very little knowledge of the Bible.

It's the individual's relationship with the Lord that counts. Not what they know.

One evidence of this is the Apostles. They spent over three years hearing every Word that Jesus spoke -- and understood very little, if any of it. Yet they were sent out two-by-two and preached it.

Not until it was revealed by the Holy Spirit did any of them understand. And even then, they had arguments over different issues.

This search is just a mental exercise for me. Merely a search. It brings me no closer to Salvation, nor, I believe, farther from it.

But it might be a calling, for me. Some are called to be Apostles, some Teachers, some Prophets, some Miracle Workers, etc.

But not me. I apparently was called for none of those things, because I can't do any of them. So I hope this is my calling. If not, at least I am enjoying the search. And just maybe there is someone out there in this big wide world who will get a little something from what I have to offer on this site.

And my hope above all hopes is that there is someone who is led to this site because they have a calling, and there is a word or two that they find here that will help them on their journey.

As for my stance on Denominations, and the Church as a whole, I have none. None, that is, that would be acceptable by anyone of any denomination.

I believe (I should say, it is my opinion) that the Church is in the Heart, not in a building or a belief system. It is my opinion that Jesus, (or the Holy Spirit if you please) is in the Hearts of people scattered throughout the world. He is now sitting in a tree in darkest Africa. He is in a whale boat in Siberia. He is in a small church (you name the denomination) in Mongolia.

In other words, He is in those who search for Him (Cry Out, in fact, is the way the Bible expresses it) regardless of who or where they are.

One belief I do have, in this regard, is that we all are going to be amazed, perhaps even shocked, on the Day of the Lord, when all is revealed, to learn what the Truth was, and how far we all were from it.

And I have no doubt that most of those names read from one of the Books or the other is going to astound us. That we would have never guessed that this person or that would have been rejected, or accepted.

That said, I think my stance has been made pretty clear, there is just one thing I would like to add. And that is regarding the Guide for this tour.

If it is me, then it is a useless trip. If it is you, the end results won't be much better.
If it's our Souls that guide us, we will accomplish much more.

If it's our Spirit, we will do well.

If it is the Holy Spirit, then I think we will accomplish a great deal from this tour.

I believe that each of us will have to decide on their own Guide.

And, of course, you can always begin with one, and later allow another to be your guide.


* * *

A final word.

There is one assumption I use as a basis for this search. That is, the Bible is true.

Therefore, it is Truth.

That means any and all apparent discrepancies I find are not the fault of the Word, but rather my own understanding of the Word.

That means more search, and more diligence on my part.

Sometimes it means just comparing different verses, and other times comparing different versions of the Text.

Other times it may require delving into the original Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek.
Which we will do.

And finally, after all this, I may have to just be at peace that it is something I either cannot understand, or is something not for me to know at this time (and very possibly never to know).

And that's OK with me. It's the search that is important to me.

How about you?

Tumbleweed