6/08/2008

Bible Study Into

BIBLE STUDY
an Introduction

15Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2Tim 2:15)
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2Tim 3:)

"Study" is the key word. It is not necessarily my intention to change anyone's mind, and certainly not to create a new Doctrine. Nor am I positive that I am right and that any one else is wrong. Even though I yell and argue and seem to condemn, my purpose is not particularly to persuade, but rather to knock everyone off balance so they can see things from a new perspective, in a new light, and not just blindly accept what they have been told.

If I can shake you up, that means that you are not completely sure of your stance. Yet the Word is sure, and it is clear - it is us who are not sure, nor clear.

My desire is that you vehemently assume that I am wrong. My hope is that you will tear into your Bible with the fervor of an atheist who is determined to prove that he isn't going to hell and the Bible is nothing but a lie. I want you to blast my reasoning to kingdom come and prove me a fool and an antichrist.

At the same time, my hope is that you also lay aside your long-standing beliefs in order that "truth" can show forth, and not merely reinforced error.

And my prayer for you is that while you endeavor to find the Truth that you invite the Holy Spirit along to instruct you and to guide you; because without Him, the Author of the Book, there is no way that Truth can be found.

Tumbleweed